Forrest Fenn has established a few clues that were not found in the poem or the book “The Thrill of the Chase.”
– The treasure is at least 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe, NM.
– The treasure is not associated with a building or structure. Somehow I took this to mean the home of Brown is not a building or structure but I may have taken this clue too far
– The treasure is not in a cemetery
– The treasure is more than 7500 feet above sea level
– The treasure is in either NM, CO, WY, or MT – specifically in the regions depicted in the official map
My understanding is that the treasure is not buried under ground – it is supposed to be exposed to snow and rain. I’m not 100% clear on this.
There you go…